Главная | Регистрация | Вход
TEACHERVOICE

RYAZAN TEACHERS OF ENGLISH ONLINE COMMUNITY

СООБЩЕСТВО УЧИТЕЛЕЙ АНГЛИЙСКОГО ЯЗЫКА Г. РЯЗАНИ

Главная
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - CULTURAL PARADIGM » Blue-eyed Monster » Blue-eyed Monster (The advantages and disadvantages of television)
Blue-eyed Monster
NatalieDate: Sunday, 21.02.2010, 10:33 | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Модераторы
The television is the most popular, interesting, convenient and common mass media in each family. On the one hand we can relax, receive information, listen about famous people and important events, take part in shows and competitions, travel around the world without wasting money. But on the other hand it’s a waste of time. We can damage our eyes, get lazy, put on weight and have no time for sport activities in the fresh air. We also learn about bad side of life and get nervous. For instance the modern soap opera “School”. You will find a lot of negative facts about teachers, parents and teens.

gta_from_ryazanDate: Monday, 29.11.2010, 20:24 | Message # 2
Private
Group: Модераторы
Quote (Natalie)
The television is the most popular, interesting, convenient and common mass media in each family. On the one hand we can relax, receive information, listen about famous people and important events, take part in shows and competitions, travel around the world without wasting money. But on the other hand it’s a waste of time. We can damage our eyes, get lazy, put on weight and have no time for sport activities in the fresh air. We also learn about bad side of life and get nervous. For instance the modern soap opera “School”. You will find a lot of negative facts about teachers, parents and teens.

I agree that the television is the popular and influential mass media. The greatest advantage of it is its availability. Even in distant villages, there's a possibility to watch TV. The main disadvantage of television is that it makes us to be less active. Nowadays more and more people spend their free time laying on their sofas, sitting in armchairs and just shifting the channels in their TV-sets. And another problem is dominance of negative information there. Every day in the news we hear about blasts, disasters, crimes etc. Moreover there are a lot of films about these things. Of course, there are channels without it, but very few. As for me I don't like watch TV, because of its negative. The only things I watch there are different sport competitions.

FeniksADate: Thursday, 27.10.2011, 17:11 | Message # 3
Private
Group: Пользователи
Quote (Natalie)
For instance the modern soap opera “School”. You will find a lot of negative facts about teachers, parents and teens.

This soap opera is not realistic - but I'm afraid that pupils/students will believe it and begin to behave in that dreadful way. There are many dterrible programs for children that should be forbidden as they damage children's mind.

хохотушкаDate: Tuesday, 22.11.2011, 15:12 | Message # 4
Private
Group: Пользователи
Television plays a very important role in our life. It's a wonderful source of information and one of the best ways to spend free time. TV programmes are made to satisfy all people. But not everything shown on TV is made in good taste. Of course, there are badly-written programmes. People criticize those ones where rude jokes are made or where people are made to fight over a sum of money forgetting all shame. And naturally a lot of people don't want television to show sex, violence and cruelty. Such programmes give examples of humiliation and bad taste. Some programmes should never run at prime time or any other time when young children can see them. Many people admit that the quality of television could be better. One reason for the poor of programmes is advertising. Not all people like watching commercials. I find ads silly and boring too. But if we watch TV for an hour a day, to find out what is happening in the world or to relax, then television is really useful.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - CULTURAL PARADIGM » Blue-eyed Monster » Blue-eyed Monster (The advantages and disadvantages of television)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Free website builderuCoz