Главная | Регистрация | Вход
TEACHERVOICE

RYAZAN TEACHERS OF ENGLISH ONLINE COMMUNITY

СООБЩЕСТВО УЧИТЕЛЕЙ АНГЛИЙСКОГО ЯЗЫКА Г. РЯЗАНИ

Главная
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » TEACHING ISSUES » Teaching Translation » Coping with Translation Problems
Coping with Translation Problems
TeacherDate: Tuesday, 11.01.2011, 10:55 | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Администраторы
This is a message from Dubrovskaya.
My pupils of the 5-th form sometimes have difficulties in translation, especially if it goes about the sentences containing the words which have more than one meaning. One of my pupils translated the sentence "We have got little flour left" as "Слева стояла маленькая мука."
How do you teach your pupils to translate not word- to-word but the idea? the real meaning?

irinaDate: Sunday, 06.02.2011, 22:04 | Message # 2
Private
Group: Модераторы
The only way to cope with translation problems is to read and translate a lot. Practice makes perfect. Our task is to organize this practice. I think it`s dull to read texts only from a textbook.I ask my 5th grade students to read and translate easy tales and stories during their holidays and then we discuss what they have learnt. Certainly, it takes a lot of time to gain some skills in any business, but I am sure, those who are eager to learn to translate will work hard and gradually they`ll achieve their aim.

Forum » TEACHING ISSUES » Teaching Translation » Coping with Translation Problems
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Free website builderuCoz